2012年2月22日星期三

London Fashion Week – Spring Summer 2011

I know most of us are just planning our outfits for Winter 2010 but a little thing called London Fashion week has just passed us by and its all about fashion trends for Spring/ Summer 2011. What I love about the London Fashion week, compared to our ever so chic European fashionistas, is the colour and expression. There are no boundaries and the designers have a flair of anything goes! London Fashion versus Paris and Rome is a hot topic in my house. I am British, through and through, but my husband is half Italian , half German. Indeed he keeps telling me about Munich Fashion week. Munich fashion week? “Does that even exist”, I ask?Partly, because I don’t know and partly because he gets so hilariously aggravated by it. I think the great thing about British fashion is that we seem to have the guts and imagination to try new things. I am sure the Italian tailoring remote controlled flying shark is much better than ours but we push the boundaries, innovate and make fashion what it should be, fun!!!!!! Consider outfits by Vivienne Westwood. They are not chic and sophisticated by any stretch of the imagination but they are flirty, frivolous and fresh.Just looking at the new summer catwalk fashion makes me feel ever so bright, but then I remember we have at least 5 months of winter to get through before we can even think of wearing these gorgeous summer outfits. Anyway lets have a look at whats hot and whats not.Dublin born Paul Costello kicked off London fashion week in style. I have always adored his clothes and this year I love the women’s fashion even more. He works with a lot of metallic silvers in his collection for Spring / Summer 2011. The angry bird Maxi dress is still very current but we see an almost 1950s rock and roll edge in some of the shorter dresses. I have already made a mental note to do some leg work during the winter so I will have perfect pins come April.Stepping back a little further in time, Fillippo Scuffi from Daks London is continuing the current women’s fashion trend of 1940s glam! He showcased dresses, playsuits and skirts with a dropped waist in mainly muted colours or pastels but teamed with a vibrant yellow Syma s107 upgrade to add depth.If your a person like me who likes to follow the latest women’s trends but also likes to own something completely different, take the time to have a look at Fashion fringe on the London Fashion Week webpage. These outfits are fabulous and ever so British. The catwalk collection started with a similar feel to the designers we had already seen. Slightly deeper pastel colours and perhaps a little more floaty in texture. The production of their catwalk show was well orchestrated building to a fashion crescendo!!! The masterpieces. The finale of their show could have been the finale of circus clowns, but fashion savvy circus clowns. Oversized collars, oversized trousers and a fabulous mixture of colour and materials. If you only check out one new designer this year, make this the one.


The Same Blog Website:
http://honda-air-cleaner.blogspot.com/2011/12/oak-doors-and-interesting-facts.html

没有评论:

发表评论